V1.3 - Patch- released

Help area

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

V1.3 - Patch- released

Postby Ulixes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 am

Patch 1.3
Download: http://www.pacificstorm.net/files/pspatch-1_3-multilang.exe

1. Fixed bug with AI heavy bombers that appeared to be launched from catapults and aircraft carriers on tactics;
2. Fixed bug with no factory to be available for construction in Batavia, while there were resources;
3. Fixed a bug with aircrafts sometimes remaining in the air after being destroyed;
4. AI can succesfully fire rockets now;
5. Fixed B-29 heavy bomber #24 rack that caused CTD, while dropping the bombs;
6. Fixed CTD with USB joysticks when airplane under control of the player is destroyed;
7. Fixed CTD with USB joysticks when airplane under control of the player hits water;
8. Fixed gliding bombs and Okha attack;
9. Reduced heavy bombers bomb accuracy in tactical mode;
10. Limited torpedo fire range to 7-8 km for Japan and 4-5 km for the US;
11. Fixed Japanese biological bomb. It kills now :);
12. Fixed memory leak causing CTD, while joining formations on the base;
13. Fixed disappearing landing zone for hydroplanes;
14. Fixed CTD, while adding AI units to multiplayer game.
Last edited by Ulixes on Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ulixes
Major General
Major General

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 am

Some major issues

what about inability for base launchers to launch missiles or show proper missiles ? or a little upgrade to transport AI or overall AI attack etc behavour in the strategic level etc, insane enemy AA accuracy ? removing the programmed speed slowdown when i enter a plane ?

not being unapreciative Ulixes any fixes are great and I know that's not the complete list and the patch addresses some major ones. I am just wanting to know if a few other important fixes will be included or fixed in the near future .

HUGE Thanks to the Lesta team for all the hard work and continued support.

If posting questions about patch etc please don't be a$$es and just show the respect that you yourself would like to be shown. This isn't directed to anyone in particular just a general request for people to be intelligent human beings in their postings. I don't like deleting posts and don't want to have to.
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Re: 1.3 - when and what

Postby JanMasterson » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:48 pm

[quote="Ulixes"]
4. AI can succesfully fire rockets now;
8. Fixed gliding bombs and Okha attack;
11. Fixed Japanese biological bomb. It kills now :);

YAOUH!!!

Thanks Lesta!
"Let my playing be my learning, and my learning be my playing."
Johan Huizinga

JanMasterson
Major
Major

Postby akagi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for the update.

Like Kilo said, not to to be ungreatful but what about AI improvements.

That has to be major. I can enjoy the game with the fixes listed. Heck i didn't even realize most of them. :D
________
COACH PURSES
Last edited by akagi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akagi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Ulixes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:40 pm

we also have other things to work on and fix, we monitor bugs being posted here. just don't wanna write before we really fix them because fixing some bugs may cause other new bugs. the reason for this patch is basically to fix those annoying CTDs. and don't forget we have obligations on allies and it is just technically difficult for us to work on 2 projects at a time especially when we have hot time on the addon.
PS and PSA Project Lead
Ulixes
Major General
Major General

Postby akagi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:12 pm

happy to hear that work on Allies is getting the necessary attention but sad to hear that support for PS is not as great. I would think that since the games are pratically the same fixing or adding things to one would be beneficial to the other. Unless Allies is completely rewritten which i doubt.

So for me, fixing the AI would be something that can be used both in Allies and PS. :-D
________
THE CIGAR BOSS
Last edited by akagi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akagi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Poke » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:37 pm

For me with the AI i would like them to attack more. I am playing on hard level and they just send a small bomber attack here and there. A destroyer now and then. The MOST invasion attack's in a game i have had is 3.

I belive they need to build up more captial ships and get more agressive. I have only seen the AI build just 1 Yamato class ship. Can they build more?

Send like a fighter/bomber group. Use a carrier air wing now and then to attack a base. Not the ship's mind you, but the planes. Right now i have Rabaul and the enemy has every other base around it. Send in fighter sweeps. Send in bombers just to hit the city or something even if there is no shore or aa guns.

Can destroyer or Heave/light crusier's make patrol's looking for my convoys? I do have sub's attack's but can we get a little more navel activity in the oceans? I don't mind if the enemy cheat's with extra/unlimited fuel to supply the ships for the patrols.
Poke
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby timetraveller » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:10 pm

Thanks, Ulixes, and thanks to all the LESTA team! Your work and attention to this is greatly appreciated.
timetraveller
Major
Major

Postby Psycked » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:04 pm

Thx a lot mate looking forward to it!
Psycked
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Long Lance » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:04 pm

I'm increasingly confident that sooner or later PS will meet the high expectatitons I have in it!
Long Lance
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby Demetriousbeta » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Wonderful news, and thank you for the update, one thing you didn't mention and I wanted to ask but is the AA toned down a bit as well, I mean The AA was too accurate in my opinion, and I hope this will be fixxed as well.
I understand that you have alot going on with now your team working on Allies, but this game needs to be fixed, and I hope you will make it a bit more of a priority, cause we all want to play this game without these annoying bugs, if you just fix the CTD, which is great, then will still have the balancing issues still to deal with.
Not trying to be a pest, I understand you have alot on your plate, I just hope the rest of the other bug fixxes like Kilo pointed out will be in 1.3 as well. Alot of us have been waiting over a month now for a patch, and we have been patient. Good work!! Keep the patches comming and real soon this game will be on its way.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

Patton
Demetriousbeta
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby bfrsmedic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:56 pm

I can understand the logistics needed to work on one game at a time, but it seems to me that you have fixed the first game that comes out. Because, if the first one that comes out is buggy and does not work properly, then what would make people want to buy a sequel to the same game. I am looking forward to Pacific Storm Allies version. But I would think that you would take care of a patch for the original first.
bfrsmedic
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:06 am

we also have other things to work on and fix, we monitor bugs being posted here. just don't wanna write before we really fix them because fixing some bugs may cause other new bugs.

Ulixes didn't say they would not continue to supply fixes just that due to having 2 titles plus running a company plus other issues to deal with they can't put all fixes out at once or work on all fixes at once. Since the most pressing issue was the ctd's it is the patch they worked on first to supply us. They do have contractual commitments to Allies and time tables etc to meet or they don't get paid that's just the reality of a business. I think it was meant as more of a explaination of why the patch release was delayed.
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby chip5541 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:03 am

The 1.3 patch sounds great. No longer having torps that go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Powered by the Energizer Bunny :D

chip5541
General
General

Postby Numbercrunsher » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:39 pm

Ulixes,
nice to hear you are working on a patch.
Its a good feeling you didnt stop supporting PS.

Txs.
Numbercrunsher
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:40 pm

The 1.3 patch sounds great. No longer having torps that go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Powered by the Energizer Bunny

yes but type 93 max range is 40 km in game so will it now be only 6km max or so ? If I make them historical ranges will they still be loacked at new ranges max ? 4-5 km for the US is not historically accurate since first torpedos had historical max range of just over 1 km and high failure rate. New adjustment will be a "gift" to the allies.
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby Alpoc » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:13 pm

On the following items:

4. AI can succesfully fire rockets now
8. Fixed gliding bombs and Okha attack

When you say gliding bombs are fixed, does that mean the AI can fire them now the same way they can fire rockets? Or is it a different fix? Thanks.

-Alpoc

Alpoc
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby Spike » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:58 pm

I will not be buying the second game as I can not even finish the training w/out the CTD.I can't beleave you guys released this peace of s@#t and not even have a patch for it(still).To have this for two months and still not be able to play it,is unbelievable .......and then to say your too busy w/the next one to fix this?What is wrong w/you guys??????
Spike
Draftee
Draftee

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:27 pm

lmao..no point commenting.

To have this for two months and still not be able to play it

you can't play because you get a ctd in the training mission ...makes sense
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby argus » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:29 am

thank god 5 attemps to plays this and always get to 4 bases left and ctd when reforming fleet at bases hope it comes out soon gave up game till patch is out. can't wait for closure.
argus
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Postby rogerbacon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 am

Since patch 1.3 is under testing, I assume there is a 1.2 patch somewhere? At the risk of sounding stupid, where are teh patches prior to 1.3? I checked everywhere on this website and I couldn't find them.

Roger Bacon

PS. I hope a patch will change it so that user-made changes (like to a plane's speed) will show up when a human player is flying it. Currently, as I understand it, speed changes only work for AI-controlled planes 0 which I really hate.
rogerbacon
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby bfrsmedic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:24 am

LOL! :lol: You know, I have never thought about it that way. You have a point on the version. To my knowledge there is not a previous patch. Atleast god I hope not. I cannot imagine it being anymore buggy that it already is. I guess the earlier versions would have crashed after putting in the CD in the drive before you even start the game. Instead of know waiting to you get into a good game and work hard getting your side the way you want it then crashing. Good job developers! I guess 1.2 is the version that the company assigned to it after testing, I guess. If I am wrong (anybody) please educate me. Thanks!
bfrsmedic
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Postby Stallker » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 am

[quote="rogerbacon"]Since patch 1.3 is under testing, I assume there is a 1.2 patch somewhere? At the risk of sounding stupid, where are teh patches prior to 1.3? I checked everywhere on this website and I couldn't find them.

Roger Bacon

PS. I hope a patch will change it so that user-made changes (like to a plane's speed) will show up when a human player is flying it. Currently, as I understand it, speed changes only work for AI-controlled planes 0 which I really hate.

Russian version of PS was 1.0.
Western version of Pacific Storm is 1.25-version. Its include all fixes of oldest versions.
After 1.3 patch Lesta will continium collect feedback from users and will makes patch 1.4/5/6/7 ect if they need it for.
With best regards, Stallker
Stallker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby akagi » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:06 pm

After 1.3 patch Lesta will continium collect feedback from users and will makes patch 1.4/5/6/7 ect if they need it for.

I think they'll just incorporate those fixes in Allies.

1.3 will fix most CTD, probably not all and won't address the other issues that would make this a worthwhile and fun strategy game.
________
Vaporizer
Last edited by akagi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akagi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Stallker » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:15 pm

[quote="akagi"] won't address the other issues that would make this a worthwhile and fun strategy game.

Its not true.
1.3 fix the ballance and other important things.
I understand the gamers, they want to fix ALL bugs by 1 patch that will be produce in a very short time... but its not posible in a real life
With best regards, Stallker
Stallker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Next

Return to Pacific Storm Support