PSA UK 1.4 Patch

Help area of Pacific Storm Allies expansion

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

PSA UK 1.4 Patch

Postby Ulixes » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi, I found out today that 1.4 patch for the UK version of Pacific Storm Allies is published by Excalibur Publishing Limited.

See: http://www.excalibur-publishing.co.uk/psa.htm :D

Patch Changelog/fixes ( added by Kilo, original posting by our fearless leader ;) )

UK patch is being tested by the publisher. I hope it is coming these days approved by the publisher. Many people been asking what's in the patch. Here is some info:

Pacific Storm: Allies - 1.4 Patch Changelog

Warning! In order to launch the patched game, you might need to update your DirectX first.

Warning! We discovered that certain versions of K-Lite Codec Pack make the game unstable, causing crashes during video playback, errors in post-render processing effects, object texture disappearance, along with spontaneous terminations during the game, leading to CTDs. To avoid the problem, try switching off video playback and post-render effects in game settings, or launch the K-Lite Codec Pack uninstall procedure.

Warning! Failure to adhere to the previous warnings may initiate the hidden Microsoft anti-piracy silent self destruct sequence of your gaming rig's OS ! ( OK OK I made that one up....or did I ? ;) )

Legend:

[ + Improvement added ]
[ * Feature fixed/modified ]
[ - Error fixed ]

Strategic part:

1. [-] Fixed a number of errors causing the game to crash during auto battle or while switching to a strategic level after a tactic battle is over.
2. [-] Fixed the error with autosave right after a saved game is loaded.
3. [-] Fixed the error with declaring war on attack close to a neutral base.
4. [-] Fixed random game crash after the successful end of campaign.
5. [*] Changes to the diplomacy balance.
6. [-] Fixed the error with repeating names while viewing dependent technologies in the research order window.
7. [*] Trading similar resources restricted.
8. [-] Fixed the error causing AI-controlled units to ignore the given orders after saving and reloading a game state.
9. [-] Fixed the error of game crash on loading an autosaved game.
10. [-] Fixed the problem with the game freezing after certain saved games are loaded.
11. [-] Fixed the crash on right-clicking at the map after the selected group is lost (i.e. during the combat).
12. [-] Fixed the crash in the arcade mode, when a group attached to a ship for transporting is selected in the cargo window.
13. [-] Fixed the error making the game freeze in some cases when a group is extended.
14. [-] Fixed the error making the game freeze in some cases when a governmental task is given.
15. [*] Enemy AI improved and made more aggressive.
16. [-] After a new game is started, the diplomacy window no longer contains pacts made in the previous game.
17. [+] In manufacture, technology research and building construction windows, a mouse click on an icon puts on hold or resumes the production/construction/research, while the click when the Alt key is held modifies the “priority”.
18. [-] Fixed the error making the game freeze in some cases during an auto battle.

Tactical part:

Units:

1. [*] Fixed and rebalanced damage systems of the following ships, torpedo boats and submarines: Iowa, Benson, Evarts, Shimushu, Hunt, Elco, Zaandam, Hokoku-Maru, Canonesa, Cormoran, Fletcher, Bismarck, PikeV, Eclipse, Narvick, De Ruyter, Kalinin, Tribal, Otsu-Gata, I-400, Kagero, Myoko, Nagato, Yamato, Lexington, Casablanca, Cleveland, Colorado, Essex, Gato, Cimarron, Kazahaia, Mogami, Taiho, Zuikaku.
2. [*] Added the influence of modification elements on protection of pilots and fuel tanks.
3. [-] Fixed the problem with planes reloading on aircraft carriers.
4. [-] Fixed racks of the following British planes: Ventura, Catalina, TBF - now the planes can carry British torpedoes.
5. [*] Fixed firing angles of I-400 submarine.
6. [*] Fixed firing angles of rear guns of German destroyers.
7. [-] Battleship Colorado will no longer open fire from its medium-caliber board guns.
8. [-] Fixed the appearance of loading cranes for the following ships: Baltimore, Bismarck, Colorado, De Ruyter , Yamato.
9. [*] Health bars now display unit state more adequately.
10. [-] Ju-87 and Ju-88 are no longer classified as scout planes.
11. [*] In direct control mode, ships now launch torpedoes one after one, not in a salvo.
12. [*] The possibility of ammo detonation now varies for different units.
13. [-] Fixed racks of the following planes: Ar-196, Ar-234, Bf.109, British F2A2, Nederland F2A2, F5U, FW-190, Ju-88, Nederland OS2U, Soviet OS2U.
14. [-] Fixed the error with “ghost” bombs, remaining in bays after the entire load is dropped.

AI:

1. [*] B5N no longer acts like a diving bomber while using bombs.
2. [*] Fixed the attack algorithm for AI attacks on the player’s base.
3. [-] Fixed the error making planes taking off from a carrier land on another one right away.
4. [*] Fixed the attack algorithm for torpedo boats.
5. [*] Fixed the depth charge attack algorithm for planes.
6. [*] Modified the algorithm of torpedo and bomb release for planes.
7. [-] The planes of I-400 submarine carrier no longer collide with the carrier on landing.
8. [-] AI of dive bombers now opens the bays in advance before dropping bombs.
9. [*] Fixed the anti-sinking measures algorithm for ships.
10. [+] Bombers now are able to pick targets amongst base structures independently.
11. [*] After landing on a carrier, planes are now refueled automatically.
12. [*] The number of planes a carrier can accept is now limited.

Missions:

1. [-] Fixed errors in Night Raid mission.
2. [-] Fixed messages in several missions.
3. [*] In second tutorial mission, enemy carriers no longer attempt to escape.
4. [-] Fixed errors in first tutorial mission during the damage system demo.
5. [-] Fixed errors in some mission scripts causing the game to crash.
6. [*] In Prince of Wales mission, American ships and planes are replaced with British units.
7. [-] Fixed crashes in several missions using timed events.
8. [-] Fixed the problem with planes reload in missions.
9. [*] Fixed and re-balanced “Allies join the War” mission.

Network:

1. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue on varying arcade mode settings for different players.
2. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue appearing in some cases on sinking a ship.
3. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue appearing in some cases on modifying the detail level settings.
4. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue on destroying a plane that was viewed in tracking camera mode.
5. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue on co-op completion of the mission where Prince of Wales must be sank, when reinforcements appear.
6. [-] Fixed the out-of-sync issue appearing in the network planner when reinforcements are called in, for the case where the zone contains sinking ships placed.
7. [+] Added new maps for network play in the planner: Guam, Hollandio, Hong Kong, Kaohsiung, Kieta, Kupang, Kwajalein, Leyte, Midway, Attu, Batavia, Darwin, Davao.

Graphics:

1. [-] Fixed the display of sea-bed on map Kota Bharu.
2. [*] Lighting tuned.
3. [*] Fixed the textures of the following planes: Lancaster, Walrus, and Vampire.
4. [*] The intensity of post-render effects decreased.
5. [-] Fixed the error of wrong water surface display for latest drivers by nVidia.

Sound:

1. [*] Aircraft machine-gun sounds no longer mix into a buzzing cacophony during intense fire.
2. [*] Pilots’ “talkativeness” is decreased.

Miscellaneous:

1. [-] Ships on “Ocean” map now can retreat.
2. [*] Several tactical maps were fixed.
3. [-] Fixed the data on destroyed structures in the statistics window shown after a battle.
4. [-] Fixed the display of loaded torpedo amount.
5. [-] Missiles launched from guides no longer crash buildings nearby.
6. [-] Fixed the error with non-stopping fire when autopilot is engaged.
Last edited by Ulixes on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulixes
Major General
Major General

Postby Dagooz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Uhhh, now I actually have something to do this weekend :-D
Dagooz
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:25 pm

lol happy hunting ;) Fraggle stated in a other post to install the patch from within your main game folder...
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby timetraveller » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Patch worked great here. Uninstalled game and did a fresh install...I didn't have to install the patch from game folder this time either.

Now I have explosions and gun fire and water splashes again. Cool!

Thanks Lesta and testers! A great job.

TT
timetraveller
Major
Major

Postby ozmonatov » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:17 am

This is good news indeed!

It there any info on the patch arriving for those who purchased PSA via Gamersgate.com?
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby Ulixes » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 am

About the gamersgate: we are actually unaware what exe file was used there. Can you tell the version number from the main menu and PM me so that I could make an official inquiry of this release, its protection type and the patch to it.
PS and PSA Project Lead
Ulixes
Major General
Major General

Postby llib » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:30 pm

I have pm-ed Ulixes about the gamersgate version I have (1.3.8139 ) from around new year. Good to see the patch out, I guess I'll wait for confirmation of compatibility/patch appearence in gamersgate downloader. Patches for paradox-made games are appearing there, not sure if other party ones will also.
llib
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby lionhead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Omg, this is so great! The patch installed, the game worked and everything got fixed!

Old savegames won´t save again though, but no matter.

Yeah! i can like the game again!

I hop i remember how it works .
SIR YES SIR!
lionhead
Command Chief Master SGT
Command Chief Master SGT

Postby What A? » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 am

[quote="lionhead"]Old savegames won´t save again though, but no matter.

Ohh!!! NEVER use old saves on a new version. That is like begging for trouble.
What A?
General
General

Postby ozmonatov » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:35 am

Any updates on the gamersgate version patch?
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:37 am

patience ;)
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby ozmonatov » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:13 am

I can't find the issue of the game slowing down to below playability after about a year being tackled in the change log. Did i miss that entry or is this actually the case?
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:01 pm

turn the base unit information icons ( ones which list amount of ships and planes etc at each base ) off..was posted a few times...
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby ozmonatov » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:05 pm

[quote="KiloAlpha4"]turn the base unit information icons ( ones which list amount of ships and planes etc at each base ) off..was posted a few times...

Still, that is a temporary fix i beg to assume, because you shouldn't have to compromise game content to make the game playable.

That said, i take the answer as a no.
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:38 pm

because you shouldn't have to compromise game content to make the game playable

bahahaha I have to compromise game content for most games I play in order for them to be playable....you don't need to use the "cheat" icons anyhow but you may do as you wish ;)

btw try RisingSun's realism mod, it may help...
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby ozmonatov » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 pm

[quote="KiloAlpha4"]
because you shouldn't have to compromise game content to make the game playable

bahahaha I have to compromise game content for most games I play in order for them to be playable....

Me too, but that is beside the point.
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:02 pm

well ya have 2 choices really, play it or don't...
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby Dagooz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:45 pm

In a perfect world it should and would be fixed. Unfortunately it ain't a perfect world ;-) . I know it's irritating but I would not get my hopes up for a fix if I were you. The game might be slow at times but at least in most cases it is now playable. It used to crash A LOT :o
Dagooz
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Ulixes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Still no word from Gamersgate and patch
PS and PSA Project Lead
Ulixes
Major General
Major General

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Unfortunately it ain't a perfect world

I agree with that...In a perfect world I'd be filthy stinking rich and be able to roll around in my piles of money while laughing ludicrously, have tons of hot babes to do whatever I want them to, whenever I want them to...meh I have a list :D

But as Ulixes posted in another thread it will be addressed in the 1.51 patch...

Still no word from Gamersgate and patch

I suggest sending those "special" mafia types you guys talked about in a previous post, maybe help them to get things moving along ;)
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Postby thebigcheeseuk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:10 pm

any chance of "open" beta testing any further patches, so we can all get these problems ironed out?
thebigcheeseuk
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Dagooz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:03 am

But as Ulixes posted in another thread it will be addressed in the 1.51 patch...

I saw that. Except it was posted AFTER my post here ;-)
Dagooz
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby ozmonatov » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 am

[quote="KiloAlpha4"]well ya have 2 choices really, play it or don't...

Now, what kind of zealous attitude is that?

I am stating that a product i have purchased with my limited amount of money have some kind of flaw, and i wish for that flaw to be fixed.

Now, I'm not pointing this out in an uncivilized matter, neither am i blaming anyone for anything and yet still i am being met with this malicious notion of that i should just live with it, without even getting a direct answer.

That said, I like this game. That's the reason why i bought it. But i do at the same time see it's flaws, which lowers it's playability and makes it harder to enjoy, and to just accept the current state of the game and refer to all the other episodes of the game industry where games come out half-way done as some kind of excuse for how the game looks now just isn't right.

Anyhow, i have my answer now, and I'll gladly be looking forward to the future patches.
ozmonatov
Draftee
Draftee

Postby Dagooz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:10 pm

[quote="ozmonatov"][quote="KiloAlpha4"]well ya have 2 choices really, play it or don't...

Now, what kind of zealous attitude is that?

I am stating that a product i have purchased with my limited amount of money have some kind of flaw, and i wish for that flaw to be fixed.

Now, I'm not pointing this out in an uncivilized matter, neither am i blaming anyone for anything and yet still i am being met with this malicious notion of that i should just live with it, without even getting a direct answer.

That said, I like this game. That's the reason why i bought it. But i do at the same time see it's flaws, which lowers it's playability and makes it harder to enjoy, and to just accept the current state of the game and refer to all the other episodes of the game industry where games come out half-way done as some kind of excuse for how the game looks now just isn't right.

Anyhow, i have my answer now, and I'll gladly be looking forward to the future patches.

I feel with you. Honestly, I do. (that means I agree).
Dagooz
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby KiloAlpha4 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 pm

I'd cry but.... ;)

patience is always a good thing ;)
KiloAlpha4
General
General

Next

Return to Pacific Storm Allies Support