First of all, my computer exceedes the recommended requirements and runs on v1.6 patch. I have 1.75 gb of RAM, and I run on an ATI Radeon x1300 Pro. I use an HP Pavilion w/ 160 gb HD.
I will now state my LAUNDRY LIST of problems that I have:
1) Game will crash at the welcome screen (where it shows the three ships). It is sometimes accompanied by a "sm.exe has encountered..." but not all the time.
2) Game will freeze my computer whilst loading initial resources before it gets to the menu screen.
3) Game will REBOOT
my computer whilst loading initial resources before it gets to the menu screen, and when I turn my computer back on, I always get a message saying "Windows has recovered from a serious error."
4) Game will REBOOT
my computer when loading Battle Planner, see above for more details.
5) Game constantly refuses to load my saved games, crashing the game in the process and gives me the lovely error message.
6) Game crashes when it finally does load my campaign after about 5 minutes.
7) Game will send messages when campaign actually works in GERMAN!
8 ) Reinstalling is a one time thing, the game works once then it never works again until next reinstall (for me at least)
One thing I have not ecountered that apparently a lot of people have is crashing while in battle. This has never happened to me...at least yet.
If ANYONE has insight, or a Dev. like Ulixes sees this, pleeeeaaasssee report this.
I have logs, I will gladly send them to you if you want to take a look at them. I warn you, they are NOT SHORT.
I love this game, and I just want to play it!!